- Public Health England report on impact of COVID-19 on communities shows the death rates highest among people of Black and Asian ethnic groups. Furthermore, the mortality rates from COVID-19 in the most deprived areas were more than double the least deprived areas.
- Follow the link for the published report: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-review-of-disparities-in-risks-and-outcomes
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme has been extended allowing those eligible to claim a second and final grant capped at £6,570.
- The UK is also updating the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme with companies able to bring back furloughed employees part time from July. Employer’s will also be asked to increase their contribution to furloughed salaries from August.
- The government has updated guidance on those shielding who can now leave their home if they wish, as long as they are able to maintain strict social distancing.
- Testing capacity has reached the 200,000 daily test target set for the end of May.
For more information: