- The UK Government has extended eligibility for testing to all those over the age of five with COVID-19 symptoms.
- From today, all individuals should self-isolate if they develop a new continuous cough or fever or anosmia. Anosmia is the loss of or a change in your normal sense of smell. It can also affect your sense of taste as the two are closely linked.
- Government begins large-scale study of coronavirus immunity. The antibody testing will help to understand levels of immunity and the role of genetics with up to 20,000 people taking part.
- COVID-19 detection dogs trial launches for specially-trained ‘COVID dogs’ that may be able to detect coronavirus (COVID-19) in humans, even before symptoms appear.
- New taskforce compromising faith leaders and the government are developing plans to enable phased and safe reopening of places of worship.
For more information: