- Workers can now defer their annual leave for two years.
- Banks are processing thousands of applications for loans designed to help businesses with an annual turnover below £45m.
- Local authorities are beginning to receive funds to distribute as grants to small and medium businesses.
- There will be a temporary suspension of wrongful trading provisions for company directors to remove the threat of personal liability during the pandemic, backdated to 1 March 2020.
- Government is reducing red tape to get more hand sanitisers to market quickly, allowing suppliers to be able to bring the product to market in a matter of days.
- Theatres and recovery areas are being used for patients as ventilators are already set up in those areas, doubling the capacity
Previous Measures remain in place:
- People should not to meet with friends or family members they do not live with
- Shopping is only permitted for essentials like food and medicine
- Police have powers to enforce the rules, which include disbursements of gatherings and issuance of fines
- All shops selling non-essential goods to be closed
- Libraries, playgrounds, outdoor gyms and places of worship remain closed
- All gatherings of more than two people in public excluding those you live with are banned
- All social events are banned, including weddings and baptisms, but Funerals are excluded
- Parks remain open for exercise, however gatherings will be dispersed
- These restrictions will be constantly reviewed
Stay at Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives
For more information: